* Ms.Meyers has been given lifetime loan of one of the most iconic violins ever made. Watch the story here.
* New York's WQXR named 'Air-The Bach Album,' one of the most popular recordings of 2012.
* "[Mason Bates Violin Concerto] received an outstanding performance by Meyers, whose articulation and tone were an unending source of delight." Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
* "Violin sings for Meyers..It was like a blossom unfolding, the soft, anticipatory opening yielding to a reading rich in nuance and expression.....simply wowed her listeners." Cincinnati.com
* "Violinist Anne Akiko Meyers, cellist Bion Tsang and pianist Anton Nel set a standard of technical brilliance and sophisticated expressivity rarely encountered anywhere. Meyers and Nel brought out every possible nuance in the Ravel Violin Sonata: mysterious interplays, sultry blues, virtuoso skitterings. Soulful moments in the first movement were breathtakingly beautiful."
Read the latest review from the Dallas Morning News.
* Anne announced the winners of her Gold Arcus bow, worth $5000, $1000 scholarship and 5 sets of Titanium Vision violin strings on September 15th! Watch it here!
* 'Air-The Bach Album' has been chosen as the CD of the week on NY's WQXR, Boston's WGBH, DC's WETA, Chicago's WFMT, MN's MPR, SF's KDFC, and Austin's KMFA.'Air' has garnered praise from critics and audiences including American Record Guide, Audiophile Audition, BBC Music Magazine, New Jersey Star-Ledger, Strad Magazine, among others.
* 'Air-The Bach Album' debuted at #1 on Billboard Charts and has been a bestseller at Amazon & iTunes since it's February 14th release.
Anne was featured on National Public Radio's 'All Things Considered' with Robert Siegel.....listen to the story here.
* Anne's newest release, 'Air-The Bach Album' featuring the A minor & E Major Concerti plus the Double Concerto, where she played both parts on the 1697 Ex-'Molitor/Napoleon' and 1730 'Royal Spanish' Stradivarius violins, will be released on Valentine's Day in 2012.
Get the sneak peek of the making of the album.
* Meyers was featured on Tourneau's website, shopping for some beautiful watches.
* Anne performed LIVE on ABC's television network, 'Windy City Live!', before her recital at Ravinia.
*Anne performed the National Anthem in front of 42,000 cheering fans at Seattle's beautiful Safeco Field before the Mariners-Red Sox Game!
*Anne helped raise $88,000 dollars for the Japan Earthquake Fund at NY's, Japan Society, when she performed with Ryuichi Sakamoto on April 9, 2011.Watch the video here.
The Play For Japan Benefit Solo Recital on April 29, 2011, raised close to $60,000. This was broadcast around the world on the Internet.
Thank you for your support!
*Read the BBC Music Magazine feature about what Anne has been up to. By Rebecca Franks.
*'..the truth is that Meyers possesses a tone so pure that it emerges just a few times in a generation.'
Austin Statesman Review
Anne Gives Austin Passion A review by Paul E.Robinson.
*Also, some fascinating stories about Anne... Presto Con Fuoco by Robert Faires and a lunchtime meeting with Jeanne Claire van Ryzin.
*Anne Akiko Meyers and her 'Ex-Napoleon/Molitor' Stradivarius dated 1697, is the #3 story of 2010 on MSNBC's 'Countdown with Keith Olbermann'.
*Sony releases her performances with the Frankfurt Radio Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and many recital albums. Available exclusively at iTunes.
*Ms.Meyers receives fantastic reviews in Pasadena, California, performing the Barber Concerto with Maestro James DePriest, on her newly acquired 'Ex-Napoleon/Molitor' Stradivarius dated 1697. Read the Los Angeles Times and the Pasadena Star-News.
*Anne's newest CD, 'Seasons...dreams' is released on eOne Records. It features 3 world premieres and music with harpist, Emmanuel Ceysson and pianist, Reiko Uchida. Beethoven, Debussy, Gershwin, Schnittke, Wagner and Vernon Duke are some of the composers that are featured. Available now at Amazon, Barnes&Noble, ArkivMusic and iTunes.
** Watch the video here!
*Ms.Meyers receives rave reviews in St.Louis performing Mozart's Violin Concerto in G Major with Wynton Marsalis cadenzas. You can read about her collaboration with Louis Langree and the St.Louis Symphony in the Examiner and the St.Louis Dispatch.
*Anne is featured in Strings Magazine....
*Anne has a Q&A with the Austin Statesman about her commissioning Jakub Ciupinski to write a new electronics piece
*Read about Anne's collaboration with Chris Botti and a review of a performance from West Palm Beach, Florida...She also tours with Chris in South Carolina, New Jersey and Maine. A review from the Morristown, N.J. concert is here!
*Anne speaks with IL DIVO fans here.
*Read the international IL DIVO press release here!
*Read here...Meyers' review with Wynton Marsalis' groundbreaking cadenzas. The Utah Symphony with David Lockington conducting.
*Just in!...Violinist Anne Akiko Meyers, generously donated one of her violins to the Salvi Foundation – in Bogota and Cartagena, Colombia. The violin, bow, case and several sets of strings, valued at close to $10,000, will be given to one of their young talents.
Anne is featured in 'Listen' Magazine
*The trailblazing violinist 'charts her own course.'
*Anne's BBC Scottish Symphony reviews are in....
Read Anne's 'spellbinding' reviews here.
*J&R Music World CD Signing
Anne will sign her newest release, 'Smile', and perform selections from it.
*Listen to Anne on Minnesota Public Radio
Anne was featured on Minnesota Public Radio. Listen to the interview here.
*The New York Times Review of the Le Poisson Rouge Concert
Read the review.
*AAM reviewed in THE GUARDIAN and THE BIRMINGHAM POST
Anne performed the Barber Concerto with the City of Birmingham Orchestra, Andrew Litton conducting, in the U.K. Read the reviews here.